Re: Feds have not spent money extracted from motorists.

"Tell" <telljb@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
vol78tse6ut6ncu515fs807n5ck8apg61b@4ax.com">news:vol78tse6ut6ncu515fs807n5ck8apg61b@4ax.com...
> It had to happen, ...after all, this an election year.
>
> Any guesses that a "labor" section of the Federal
> Public Service helped to drop this one on the agenda.
> We now find, thanks to a slack-arse Federal Auditor
> General Department, that BILLIONS of dollars extracted
> from motorists under an ACT OF PARLIAMENT has not been
> allocated to roads.

You are sheeting blame in entirely the wrong area, it's only thanks to the
Auditor General's Department that this was picked up.  The Auditor General
is not responsible for the actions of the Departments, it's his function to
report on the compliance and efficiency of government programs.  He has
limited resources to do this, so has a rolling program to cover all
Departments - it may be years before the AG covers certain areas.  Don't
shoot the messenger!

The slack arses, as you put it, are in the Department of Transport, and the
buck stops with the Transport Minister.  He has had his butt kicked hard by
the PM, deservedly so.

Regards

David Bennetts
Bowral