Re: Blowing the Horn

Quite right... actually, the people who want it closed are a vocal
minority. My in laws live in strathmore and are entirely sensible about
it, and all their neighbours seem the same. They are particularly
opposed to any redevelopment of the site, because Mt Alex Rd is too
congested already.

Personally I think its a bit of a waste of land at the moment because
the NIMBY's have chased a lot of the freight up to tullamarine.
Essendon probably should be used more intensively in preference to
building more runways at tullamarine.

In article <3a820ced@news01.one.net.au>,
  "Rail Roamer" <leadscout@one.net.au> wrote:
> We've had a similar transport problem here in Melbourne only with an
> Airport.
> Essendon Airport was Melbourne's International Airport till
Tullamarine
> [...]
>
> Naturally many years ago it was surrounded by paddocks etc.
> Over the years people have built houses right up to it's doorsteps
and now
> they (certain MP's and assorted community twits) want to close it.
>
> These people knew it was there when they bought or built up around
there.
> Certain councils and governments get greedy by allowing projects (
estates
> etc) to go ahead and get the $$$$$. So this doesn't help.
>  It's like me buying a house next to a double storey house, moving in
and
> then asking the neighbour to pull down his top floor.
> I'm with BEE EEF on this one.
>
> "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> y7gg6.326252$IP1.10812851@news1.giganews.com">news:y7gg6.326252$IP1.10812851@news1.giganews.com...
> > "BEE EFF" <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
> > 3A812546.186597D8@pnc.com.au">news:3A812546.186597D8@pnc.com.au...
> > > What does it matter what they do in Europe or other states for
that
> > > matter, the guy lives near Westmead in Sydney.
> >
> > And near THE major hospital in Western Sydney - wonder how he copes
with
> all
> > those ambuklance's going through with sirens sounding.
> >
> > > It is a fundamental part of rail safety that all trains(Lifts and
> > > Freights) sound the whistle,etc prior to moving off.
> >
> > He knew the line was there when he moved there, just like I did
when I
> moved
> > to Wentworth Ave, Pendle Hill (the road that runs on the UP side of
the
> line
> > from Toongabbie to Wentworthville) - my rent was about $40 a week
cheaper
> > than it should have been, the reason? The coalies going through at
all
> hours
> > of the day and night. He has cheap lodgings, whether he rents or is
an
> owner
> > (I defy him to show me a similiar property to what he has, in a
similiar
> > area, for what he is paying, without it being rail or road
affected).

> > > The guy has been playing with his crank handle too much, people
like him
> > > are the reason that everytime a  rail line is built or extended
it can
> > > never really be utilised to its full advantage for freight
movements
> > > etc(ie:East Hills and Harris Park Y-link in Sydney).
> > >
> > > I wish halfwits like this would move to the back of the Rock and
they
> > > could have all the piece and quiet they want(unless Qantas
decided to
> > > put a jet base there).
> > >
> > > Look forward to all your thoughts BEE EFF

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/