Re: Blowing the Horn

Rail Roamer wrote:

> We've had a similar transport problem here in Melbourne only with an
> Airport.
> Essendon Airport was Melbourne's International Airport till Tullamarine
> opened up.

Airport West from 1962 to 1986 minus 3 years OS. The alarm clock was the
0630 T.A.A. to Sydney.

> Since then it is used mainly by small passenger services, police airwing and
> air ambulance and freight etc.
>
> Naturally many years ago it was surrounded by paddocks etc.
> Over the years people have built houses right up to it's doorsteps and now
> they (certain MP's and assorted community twits) want to close it.

Kelvin Thompson (Glenroy? community twits).

> These people knew it was there when they bought or built up around there.
> Certain councils and governments get greedy by allowing projects ( estates
> etc) to go ahead and get the $$$$$. So this doesn't help.
>  It's like me buying a house next to a double storey house, moving in and
> then asking the neighbour to pull down his top floor.
> I'm with BEE EEF on this one.

 The same here with Bunbury Railbridge & Tunnel with the new resident on
the south side of it.

--
Regards
Capt. W. J. Somerville

Website Address    http://www.blackbirdcruises.com.au/
Telephone   +61 3 9689 6431
Fax   +61 3 9687 3175
begin:vcard
n:SOMERVILLE;Warwick J.
tel;fax:+61 3 9687 3175
tel;work:+61 3 9689 6431
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Maribyrnong River Cruises;Owner
version:2.1
email;internet:marivcru@labyrinth.net.au
title:Captain
adr;quoted-printable:;;1 Maribyrnong Street.=0D=0AFootscray.;City of Maribyrnong;Victoria;3011;AUSTRALIA
x-mozilla-cpt:;3
fn:Warwick J. SOMERVILLE
end:vcard