Re: Trams in Newcastle again?

i have no doubt that the real plan is to close the railway and flog off the
land at bargain basement prices, generate some paltry rates for the council
and inconvenience the citizens of newcastle and surrounding areas such as
port stephens.  there is no way that the newcastle council will commit any
funds to introduce a light rail line after the heavy one has been ripped up.
governments are not presently into committing any funds for infrastucture
and anyone who thinks so is fooling themselves - take a look at the alice to
darwin project - it will definitely not go ahead, but howard, olsen and
buffoon burke from the nt will fool people into thinking it will every time
there is an election.  novocastrians are a hell of a lot smarter, i would
have thought.
trig

"BEE EFF" <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
3A812CA4.B9583638@pnc.com.au">news:3A812CA4.B9583638@pnc.com.au...
> Judging by the article it looks as thought they want to replace trains
Civic to
> Newcastle with the Trams(just a token bullshit tourist idea).
>
> If they were fair dinkum about solving transport needs for the Newcastle
area
> they would reopen the old Newcastle to Wallsend tramway(parts of which are
> currently a cycleway). Or use the old Jewels rail line from
Adamstown(don't