Re: Trams in Newcastle again?

Judging by the article it looks as thought they want to replace trains Civic to
Newcastle with the Trams(just a token bullshit tourist idea).

If they were fair dinkum about solving transport needs for the Newcastle area
they would reopen the old Newcastle to Wallsend tramway(parts of which are
currently a cycleway). Or use the old Jewels rail line from Adamstown(don't
know how much infrastructure or corridor is left) which would then provide a
service almost all the way to Belmont.

The Wallsend  area is currently a fairly large growth area and is only served
by busses and Belmont and Lake Macquarie are fairly popular recreation points.

But it is typical, they propose these ideas based on Nostalgic notions instead
of real transport solutions(with the above idea they could have both)

Just some thoughts BEE EFF