Re: [Syd] Why do trains sound horn when leaving platform?

Thanks to those who replied since my posting, even the one or two who
disagreed with me.  Martin now has proper answers to his question.   Maybe
he should buy some earplugs or install double glazing!  Otherwise move out
of earshot from the railway line.  Maybe he can convince CityRail to collect
$3.40 per person noise tax from each passenger to pay for sound insulation
in properties near railway stations - after all this is what happens when
you fly to Sydney Airport.  (hope CityRail isn't reading this to get any
ideas!)

Regards

David Bennetts
Bowral