Re: multiple choice, 3 point turn and a hill start - here's your licence

BEE EFF wrote:

> Actually an incident of this nature occurred roughly 3 years ago on the North
> Coast line at Monkerai Tunnel(just Nth of Dungog NSW).
>
> 82 Class on a  loaded Stratford coalie burnt through the rail when cresting the
> rise(uphill both directions approaching the tunnel) when heading back to Port
> Waratah.
>
> Could be wrong about some details(Loco and Place correct, dunno about date).
> Closed Nth Cst line for a while.
>
> So it can happen

I'm not doubting that, but the original post mentioned a steam loco (I think a
duchess is a steam loco) at a station.

The driver would have to be extremely incompetent to have a steam loco spinning its
wheels departing a station long enough to burn a hole in the rails.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au