Re: multiple choice, 3 point turn and a hill start - here's your licence

I've read of an incident in one of Canada's longer tunnels where this
reportedly occurred (although I can't remember how far through the rail the
drivers went).  The loco slipped to a stand on greasy rails on a rising grade
but the crew were unaware as the engine still made roughly the right movements
and changes in sound were not discernible in the cacophonous din.

Subsequent to this incident one of an engine's crew held a broom to the tunnel
wall to ensure the engine was still making forward progress.

Chris

3A7EB2C1.536E63D9@ozemail.com.au">news:3A7EB2C1.536E63D9@ozemail.com.au...