Re: [Syd] Why do trains sound horn when leaving platform?

I  find  in brisbane At least,   That  The Driver dosnt Always toot Horn Before
leaving.  I think  Its more common If there are passangers who move foward of
the Train / platform when exiting ,, due to the stations design etc etc ,  and
need a warning the train is about to move off..  Also If there is a  Pedestrain
Crossing across railway  ahead of platform , Driver will Definatly toot
(Obviously).    Not to mention Level Crossings,

I think it is important, If there are people about.  Once the Train is moving
Even at a releteivly slow speed just after leaving platform,  The Driver  cant
stop A Train anywhere near as Quick as a bus  in an emergency. (Someone
compared a bus  as an example)  if someone walks out in front un aware the
Vehicle is moving.

If you have a problem then Move,  as has been said  prolly  too many times
allready  Above ;)