Re: Connex , tricked again

Mick Stock <mstock@bigpond.net.au> wrote in article
<3A7E875F.3B31CB6@bigpond.net.au>:

>Seen at Richmond station at around 19:30 this evening:
>
>3-car BAYSIDE Comeng, heading towards South Yarra, with destination sign
>(rear carriage) showing "EAST DONCASTER".   Now, unless there has been a
>major earthquake recently, East Doncaster is geographically near the
>centre of Connex territory!
>
>There seems to be a quite a few trains (both Connex and Bayside)
>recently with wrong destinations being shown....

Of the unrefurbished sets, both companies retain the original desto blinds
from the pre-privatisatio days, i.e. displaying destinations all over
Melbourne, not just the company's specified area. East Doncaster was one of
the destinations available on most desto rolls since the Hitachi's. (And
Harris sets??)

Bayside have updated some destos however, to include places like "Calder
Park", "Melbourne Airport", "Flinders Street via City Loop" and others. Not
many floating around like this though. Even these include all Melbourne.

I suspect the information in the refurb sets would be area specific. Connex
wouldn't for example have Werribee programmed in. I could be wrong though.

Michael

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME