Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

It was removed from service because the chassis is twisted.  This could
be repaired by heating and working the chassis back to spec.

As for stress fractures, they would have to be found by X-raying the
steel, unless they are of such a size that they are noticeable.  Also,
if they were of a size which is noticeable, the frame would be totaly
useless

Adam

In article <3A7AB667.69FF7742@ozemail.com.au>,
  James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> I thought the frame had stress fractures in it that were originally
> caused by a derailment on the western line and this is why it was
taken
> out of service. Am I completely on the wrong track here?

> > >museum.
> >
> > Not really, X35 recently purchased by FA from ARHS. Strictly
speaking
> > X35 does not exist anymore since what they got is really a shell of
> > X35:-). I don't think the condition of C503 is worse then X35.
> > BTW the <<shell>> of X35 is at Newport workshop outside West Block.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> >
> > Railway Rasputin
> >
> > remove <dot> to email