Re: [Trams] Grand Unions in Australasia

"John Dennis" <jdennis@acslink.net.au> wrote in message
95giqm$o3r$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:95giqm$o3r$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> I lived for a couple of years at Caulfield, five minutes walk from
> Balaclava Junction.  I was under the impression (then) that on Caulfied
> race days it was possible to see trams using all possible routes, as
> the N-E corner was used by trams from Malvern depot heading to and form
> the raceccourse.  Admittedly not a regular route. I have no conclusive
> evidence of this - would need to ask around amongst others who also live
> close to the junction.
>
> Not certain what the status is now though...

It's been a while since I've seen any special Caulfield race tram services,
and I would think they're more likely to go along route 3.

I believe route 3 used to be shared between Glenhuntly and Malvern depots,
and if that were the case, the N-E corner would have been used.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au