Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

> > I always make sure I have a few dailies lying around in case I need
one.
> Me too. But we're more organised than most people.

So people are expected to make sure to always have a zone 1,2 and 3
daily lying around, just in case they want to go to Belgrave this
weekend?

> > > What if you don't have the $4.60 in coins?
> > Then I don't get on the tram. Just like I wouldn't park at a
parking meter
> > if I didn't have the coins to feed it.

So people are supposed to make sure to always have a mountain of coins
in order to get a tram somewhere?

I rest my case. Its hard to buy a ticket and easy to fare evade.

> > My experience is that tram machines are _very_ rarely out of order.
As for
> > the station ones, well that's a different story....
> Ditto, I've never found a machine on a tram, or at a staffed station,
that didn't work. Every unstaffed station I use regularly, the machines
are out of order some or most of the time.

I've often seen tram machines out of order or more often
scrolling "Exact Fare only - no change available". The validators also
don't work a lot of the time.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/