Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

"Mike Alexander" <malex @ bigfoot com> wrote in message
3a7ab33f@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3a7ab33f@news.alphalink.com.au...
> "Vaughan Williams" <ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> 957np7$5mh$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:957np7$5mh$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > What if you want a ticket that isn't sold by the machine? Like a daily?
>
> I always make sure I have a few dailies lying around in case I need one.

Me too. But we're more organised than most people.

> > What if you don't have the $4.60 in coins?
>
> Then I don't get on the tram. Just like I wouldn't park at a parking meter
> if I didn't have the coins to feed it.

$5.00 now BTW.

> > What if the machine isn't working (as they aren't a lot of the time)?
>
> My experience is that tram machines are _very_ rarely out of order. As for
> the station ones, well that's a different story....

Ditto, I've never found a machine on a tram, or at a staffed station, that
didn't work. Every unstaffed station I use regularly, the machines are out
of order some or most of the time.

Tip of the day: Put the lowest denomination coin into the slot first, *just
in case*.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia