Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
SUSd6.96258$xW4.734989@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:SUSd6.96258$xW4.734989@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> "Railvic" <railvic@primus.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A77F28B.AB5369A1@primus.com.au">news:3A77F28B.AB5369A1@primus.com.au...
> > Late last year I saw a female person in her late 20s or early 30s
> > screamed at a railway station staff because her ** bus ** driver has
> > given her a 2-hour ticket instead a daily one (she stated quite
> > clearly).  The station staff only said "hello" before receiving the
> > outburst ... "We behave as we're treated ..."  Yeah, obviously this
> > theory does not apply to some customers!!  Pity there are no proper
> > video camera, otherwise this will be a good footage for "Customers
> > behave badly" ...
>
> Bringing back the topic of another thread, could that be considered proof
> that people consider the public transport system as a network, not a bunch
> of separate companies? :-)

No - how would this be so? If she had been sold a two hour ticket, it would
be a Metcard (or paper equivalent if NBC were involved), as opposed to a
daily Metcard (or paper equivalent if NBC were involved).

Ticket availability has not changed with seperation and privitisation, apart
from NBC refusal to accept unvalidated MetCards (and they should be FORCED
to install validators). Everything is the same now as before the big Jeffing
occurred.

Dave