Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

Anthony Morton wrote:

> whitehat <whitehat@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
>
> >By contrast, we Melbourne citizens seem to have adopted a "do-it-for-me"
> >attitude. Like a spoilt child that has not got its own way on conductors and
> >privatisation, we are coming up with all sorts of petulant excuses for our
> >disobedience.
>
> Tram travellers are not children.  We behave as we're treated.  Treat public
> transport users with respect and fare evasion will revert to being a marginal
> problem.

"Treat public transport users with respect ..."  Yeah ... Does this mean
not asking them for ticket or their concession card entitlement?

Late last year I saw a female person in her late 20s or early 30s
screamed at a railway station staff because her ** bus ** driver has
given her a 2-hour ticket instead a daily one (she stated quite
clearly).  The station staff only said "hello" before receiving the
outburst ... "We behave as we're treated ..."  Yeah, obviously this
theory does not apply to some customers!!  Pity there are no proper
video camera, otherwise this will be a good footage for "Customers
behave badly" ...

Railvic