Re: Airport line

I've uset the airport line several times now on trips from home (northern
suburbs) to the airport.  I find the connections work pretty well usually,
although on weekends the wait can be lengthy at Central.  As for the cost,
I'm not complaining. It costs me over $12 return for the tolls alone (M2,
Harbour tunnel and Eastern Distributor) plus petrol, traffic hassles and
parking at the airport (try $40 ++  each day for instance).  Taxis to where
I live cost around $60+ each way.

The only complaint is the indicators on the platforms at Central and the
airport stations really suck.  The Next Due time is next to useless (as
previously discussed by others) and saying something like "limited stops" on
a train headed for Penrith is absurd - I'd hate to see an all-stops train go
that way!!!

Oh, I would whinge if all trains were cancelled - busses just can't cope
with the traffic around that area in the time I'd have left to make my
flight.  Try it on me, City Rail, just once and you'll lose a passenger for
probably over a year I reckon.  I'd rather pay the taxi fare than miss my
plane.

And it's not much fun coming home on a hot summer's afternoon to stand in a
packed un-airconditioned train for most of an hour either.  So I take a taxi
then, too.  An air conditioned one.