Re: Airport line

Paul McCabe <a@a.com> wrote in message
953b8i$5h2$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:953b8i$5h2$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...

> "Alex Pout" <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a7408cf$0$16389$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a7408cf$0$16389$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > Evening all,
> > Just back from a weekend trip to Melbourne.  Tried using Sydney's airport
> line
> > to get to terminal, but got caught up with a signal failure at Wolli
> Creek,
> > meaning all trains were cancelled.  Annoyed about that, since we'd just
> > coughed up $10 each to get there from Arncliffe.  Since we were out of
> time,
> > had to call a cab.  What are my chances of getting a refund on the
> ticket??
>
> Probably none, as I read that State Transit were called upon to provide
> replacement bus services on the line (this would be the first bus
> substitution on the line, wouldn't it?)

Well, I sent off an email to the CityRail feedback section, they told me to
send it in writing to Haymarket.  I reckon my chances are OK. I bought the
ticket on the assumption that the train would get me to the airport at a
certain time.  It was not able to do so, and neither was its substitute.  To
catch the bus would have required catching a train to central, then a bus back
to the airport.  As time was ticking away, and the plane was going to leave no
matter what, the quickest method at the time was what we needed.

As an aside, what are the chances of succeeding under Trade Practices for
things like cancelled services?? Anyone with legal knowledge here..

Will let you all know how I go.

Thanks,

Al