Re: Impressions of the Gold Coast line

I thought a chopper literally chopped the current off for a short period of
time and this was done many times per second.  More current's chopped out when
starting giving the same effect as burning "excess" current with resistors.
As the train accelerates the chopper stops current for shorter periods of time
(like switching through resistors) until the point is reached where continuous
current flows, i.e. the chopper is off.

Chris

3A5D7CE4.8501FC55@bigpond.com">news:3A5D7CE4.8501FC55@bigpond.com...