Re: [Very OT] List of Westfields Shoppingtown sizes in NSW

"Ben Munro" <sporologist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
3A5C1412.2EE8376A@yahoo.com">news:3A5C1412.2EE8376A@yahoo.com...

> Chatswood has a shopping centre (not Westfield) and offices above it.
> Bondi Junction has a Block of Meriton flats above it.
>
> Most of the Westfields in Sydneyu, especally the larger ones, are close
> to a train station - Burwood, Bondi Junction, Chatswood, Parramatta,
> Hornsby, Hurstville, Miranda. I haven't been to any of the others,
> except north rocks, which is tiny and is nowehere near a station.

There was a proposal a few years back to move Parramatta Station one block
west, and to extend Parramatta Westfield over it - nothing happened though,
would have meant widening the rail reservation between Church and Marsden
Sts (land they did not have) and they would not have been able to do
anything to the old station site anyway (heritage buildings and all that).

Dave