Re: Impressions of the Gold Coast line

yes ,  It is used that way in Cordless drils too, Little wasted energy as aposed to
a resistor  But also used in AC motor control to alter the frequency of the
current,  keep in mind AC motors  are controlled by frequency. torque versus speed
characteristic can be changed thru frequency change  So i take it everyone uses the
term inverter for the above,  and chopper for modern DC control,   Fair enough :)