Re: AD - Perth Trip Report

> Bushfires on the Nullabor side of WA meant that I didn't see as many long
> distance trains as I would have liked (several Prospectors were replaced
by
> buses) but that didn't seem to stop the Indian Pacific though!
Yes, it was damn lucky on the day it ran. Some Prospectors were changed to
busses at Southern Cross and Merredin as it was an hour by hour situation as
to whether or not the line would be opened.

See AWR baptisim of fire heading about the bushfires that closed the Main
west of Kalgoorlie actually for two days it then swung North of the line and
then came back during the day on Friday to close the main for another 12
hours or so. very little on the media. It continued burning and now a week
later has affected the power to Kalgoorlie so now it gets a mention on the
News(???) news to whom.

> It is certainly strange to see a freeway with a railway in the middle
(NSR),
Certainly gets the patronage though and they are to do a similar thing with
the line to Mandurah.

 2 car EMU's (which I think should be extended to 4 but they don't have
enough cars IIRC.
They do run fours in the peak but break them to 2 car sets soon after and
yes WAGR don't have enough, more are on order.