Re: White Bay power station and Menangle Milk siding

If you look from Victoria road you can see the letters NSWR&T (or something
like that) over a doorway on the power station. NSW railway and tram dept?

>From memory when I was working for the Electricity Commission of NSW those
generators were brought in during the late 1970's early 1980's.

I think they are gas turbine generators, imported with a great deal of fuss
and hurry as Neville Wran was in the shit, and I believe they have been
since trucked up to Broken Hill. To bring this post back on topic he was a
politician who knew there were votes in building trains, something a most of
the politicians these days have forgotten. Apart for that he and his mates
were pretty useless.

Chris

3A61978A.1D61@terrigal.net.au">news:3A61978A.1D61@terrigal.net.au...