Re: Orange pensioners disadvantaged

My guess would be CityRail chartered buses - either on their own or
shared with CountryLink (like the existing Lithgow-Bathurst
arrangements).

Given that a very high proportion of the passengers on the Dubbo XPT
would fall into various concession categories, most noteably the
pensioner excursion category.  I'd wager a guess that they would rather
pay $3.30/day for a bus (or a cityrail train if one is to be provided)
than $66ff/$33conc each way for the XPT.

Plus, anyone on a Student Concession gets 50% discount on CityRail
services, whereas they only get 40% off on CountryLink.

Does anyone know what the typical ratio of full fare paying
passengers:concessions/freebies on CountryLink services such as this
one is?

MrPC

In article <BrR86.88$e%6.14557@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
  "keith malcolm" <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> I don't think this would necessarily release the XPT set. What would
> Cityrail replace it with. Any way Canberra (for example) is in the
Cityrail
> area and is served only by Countrylink trains. the Station is also
staffed
> by Countrylink.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/