Re: [General] Information about block working

Eddie (& also Tezza)

Tks for your explanation. Yes, I was always talking about manual block
working using block bells and block instruments. (Have been reading a lot
about the British environment recently - re-read two very good books by
Adrian Vaughan called "Signalman's morning" and "Signalman's twilight" - he
was a signaller in the early sixties on the (G)WR - very anti- diesel and
anti-CTC!! Books were published early 80s - don't know if they're in print
now.)

I would seem, then, that I can accept a train from the box in the rear over
the double line, if the platform road is unoccupied between the home and
starting signals, even though there may be a train approaching on the single
line (I wouldn't necessarily know if there was one approaching, if it was
OTS worked. I would only know that there CAN'T be one approaching if I have
the staff at my end).

Rgds

Ron Besdansky
(Computer system project manager and rail enthusiast)
Ph: +61 (0)2 9413 1136 (0900h - 2300h UT +11h) (Home)
      +61 (0)417 671 541 (0900h - 2300h UT +11 h) (Mobile)

"Eddie Oliver" <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
3A6590C2.F792CF2C@efs.mq.edu.au">news:3A6590C2.F792CF2C@efs.mq.edu.au...
> Ronald BESDANSKY wrote:
> >
> > When a double-line manual track block  section ends at a 1) a terminal
> > station; or 2) a station where the line becomes single (worked by OTS,
ETS