Re: [General] Information about block working

"Ronald BESDANSKY" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
cxr96.4804$65.30299@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:cxr96.4804$65.30299@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Eddie (& also Tezza)
> (I wouldn't necessarily know if there was one approaching, if it was
> OTS worked. I would only know that there CAN'T be one approaching if I
have
> the staff at my end).

Incorrect. In QR's Staff & Ticket territory (OTS, TS&T, OSW - call it what
you will), provision is made for a train to cross the section when the staff
is at the wrong end. I know there is such a procedure in Victoria. There
must SURELY be a similar procedure in NSW.

The QR procedure is called "Line Clear". The officers (or crews) at each end
of the section make application to the Train Controller to suspend Staff &
Ticket Working and issue a Line Clear Report for the passage of the train.
Part of the procedure involves the officer at the opposite end locking the
Staff up and confirming this with the Controller. When this is done, the
Controller authorises the officer at the wrong end to issue a Line Clear
Report to the officer (or crewman) for the train to proceed on the
understanding that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES is the Staff to be released to
traffic. There are, as always, exceptions (LC not required, train on LC
fails etc).

Someone from the NSW safeworking fraternity may wish to comment - Eddy?

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, Australia

Email - mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au

Notice - All comments and opinions made herein are that of the author only
and do not represent the official view of QR. All text included in this post
(and/or reply) is copyright to the author. This message may not be
reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the
author.