Re: Near miss at Victoria (London)

"Haggis" <wartune@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
3A62EFEC.D65D3AD8@bigpond.net.au">news:3A62EFEC.D65D3AD8@bigpond.net.au...
> As you would know Matt there is a good neutral section coming around the
corner
> from Moolabin toward Sherwood... Helps to get a good run up first....
(6C49) :)

To be honest, if the train was numbered 6C49, a "neutral section" would be
the least of it's worries (6 = diesel hauled). However, the point you are
trying to make - placement of neutral sections - is quite valid and, yes,
CC49 (or FC49 lately) has been known to stall on the Sherwood bank numerous
times for various reasons, some of which include being caught in the NS.
What makes me laugh is when a 1720 class (60t branchline unit) locomotive is
sent to push a 1400t train up the hill!!

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, Australia

Email - mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au

Notice - All comments and opinions made herein are that of the author only
and do not represent the official view of QR. All text included in this post
(and/or reply) is copyright to the author. This message may not be
reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the
author.