Re: Canberra = CityRail?

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:09:04 GMT, petercook2705@my-deja.com wrote:

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think CityRail has the
>rollingstock to operate 10 return trips Sydney-Canberra per day.
>

>MrPC

They dont , but they have more capacity to provide services than do
Countrylink.
Currently Cityrail run 5 daily services to Goulburn on M to F .
If these services were extended to Canberra and Countrylink
transferred their Explorer sets to Cityrail that currently run the
Canberra services,then you could make 6 -7 daily services to Canberra.
This assumes non stop running from Goulburn to Canberra.
Its silly having both Countrylink and Cityrail both running parallel
services between Sydney and Goulburn.
Indeed, it doesnt make a lot of sense at all having Countrylink trains
serving Cityrail stations.

Of course none of this will happen ,as it needs far too much
cooperation between the 3 organizations in NSW who are needed to run
trains,and cooperation in the rail industry is unheard of.

MD

MD