Re: Timetable tweaks endorse travel in the slow(er) lane

In article <946h1q$q8d$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, James C. wrote:

>> So why is the Pakenham line least punctual.
>
>I though busy lines like Lilydale/Belgrave/Glen Waverly would have the
>worst puntual record but no.....
>
>> And for that matter the Traralgon line is no where near its designed
>traffic
>> capacity,so why is it the worst for time keeping?
>
><<I think>> if you look closely at Eastern Victoria TT, you would note
>most of the Traralgon services are stopping service from Pakenham all
>the way to Traralgon. Stopping service can be hard to catch up with
>time if delay occurs, on top of that if a Traralgon-Melbourne train
>arrives Pakenham late it would have to follow slow service hence more
>delay occurs.
A good deal of the time late running outbound Packenham trains will delay
the Traralgon/Sale services, however with the Sale trains that run express
they are pretty much ontime by Morwell (well thats where I notice, as thats
where i get off). Really, the only other problem that I've seen
pop up a few times is at Longwarry, where the double track goes to single
track. The thrid line Oakleigh to Dandenong would make it much more
punctual.

Cheers,
conufsed