Re: [SYD] Emergency Services at Central Station a.m. Wed 17/01/2001

"Ronald BESDANSKY" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
NEpb6.8476$65.49799@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:NEpb6.8476$65.49799@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> "runaway" <whipfest@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a6d7b28$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3a6d7b28$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> >
> > Snip.....
> > "Andrew Tailby" <atailby@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > 3a6d4bfe$0$16385$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a6d4bfe$0$16385$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > My heart bleeds for the selfish cockheads, who couldn't care less about
> > giving some poor driver sleepless nights and nightmares for the rest of
> > their lives......
>
> What about the "selfish cockheads" (to use your term) in the "modern"
world
> of business whose only aim is to make a "fast buck" (or, preferably,
several
> million of them) and couldn't give a stuff about the hapless employees who
> happen to get kicked aside whenever a "downturn" happens or a merger means
> someone can walk off with an obscene profit on their shares, even though
> they know it means people will be made redundant at 50 or older??? (Yes, I
> am speaking from personal experience.)

My sympathies to you. I totally agree with the above, although I don't know
what relevance it has to the discussion.

> Whilst I agree that people who have to deal with these ugly scenes will
use
> humour as a safety valve, I hardly think that justifies referring to
> suicides as "morons" in an Internet discussion of the subject.

I think you'll find any driver (and there are many) that has cleaned up a
suicide (or two, or three, or more) will have a different opinion. I cannot
even imagine what it would be like to have a person that jumps from a
bridge, come through the windscreen, and then splatter their body parts all
over me and the cab (and yes, this does happen). Moron is not the correct
word, that's why I referred to them as selfish cockheads.

runaway.