Re: [General] Information about block working

In simple terms, I would suggest that Eddie's comment is simply trying to
indicate that the situation depends on where the "Clearance Point" is located on
the Double Line section.
I would suggest that the Coota North Junction to Coota West is a good example;
incidentally Coota North to Coota South is Double Line Track Block, as indeed is
Junee North to Junee South.
A better example would be the former location of Gresham, where it was Double
Line Block (using Tyer's 3:1) between Newbridge and Gresham, and then ETS down
the hill (initially to Wimbledon, but more recently to Tumulla).  As far as I am
aware, the Signaller at Gresham could accept a train from Newbridge, under
normal operating conditions, so far as the track was clear right through to his
Home signal.

The only instance of Block Telegraph to OTS that readily comes to mind is at
Camellia, where it was Block Telegraph from Parramatta Road to Camellia
(Rosehill was normally switched out) and OTS to Carlingford.  I understand that
Camellia could accept right to his Home signal, which was at the junction with
the Sandown line.

--

Regards

David Donald