Re: [General] Information about block working

David Johnson wrote:

> How would you describe Caringbah to Cronulla then?

The Cronulla line is a historical oddity in that it was purely SLTB
originally, but when Sutherland took over remote control of Gymea and
Caringbah, something had to be done to get around the need to prove the
state of the levers at those places, but (with the exception of the
Sutherland end of Gymea) it was not just a matter of bypassing the lever
logic altogether - rather, it had to be transferred to Sutherland which
therefore obtained levers with effectively the same functions as those
at the field locations. I don't know the exact current state of the
hardware, especially since duplication between Gymea and Caringbah.
Since I'm sure you know the local signal electricians, perhaps you can
ask them how the logic elements for 1U/1D at Gymea and 5U/5D at
Caringbah are dealt with when the local panels are cut out.