[NSW] Picture Taking at Stations (Part 2)

To all aus.railers

As my planned train travel I did today, Before my 10:32am to Central, I
tried to drop into the SM's office at Penrith to re-inquire about
Picture taking........no one there.

Boarding my train to Sydney Terminal, and arriving there, I spent about
an hour or for the Muwillumbah XPT to arrive on Platform 4 (Yes 4) and
for a picture of it (which I got).
On two occasions I asked the station staff on Platform 4 if it was ok
("No problem" he answered) and with the driver of the XPT that just
arrived ("go for it") and so I happily snapped away.

I made my way to the Eastern Suburbs platform where on the occasion of
today, South Coast services would arrive (Platform 24) and depart here
(Platform 25).
My inquiry to the station master on the platforms (Stupidly showing off
my new Minolta Dynax 300si) he had asked if I was taking the picture of
the train, Yes I was, "a general rule that is not permitted" he
answered "as long as no staff or people (?) are in it, and it is not
obvious" added on.

Happily walking away from the platforms with a Dapto V-SET on Platform
25, I made my way to the SM's office at Central.
A 15min wait in the nice lounge chair while a young man was complaining
about late trains from Cambeltown.....

"I'm a railway enthusiast, and taking pictures of trains is a hobby.....
(Blah blah blah)"
"you mean a buff"
"Enthusiast is i'm use to, a gunzel?"
"good! well as long as it's it train you want to capture, not staff,
and you spend less than 20mins doing it, than I got no problems, other
than staying on the platform behind the line"

A fair bit intimidated as he mentioned the photos to be restricted from
platform 1 to 3 (I don't know why!) I made my way out of Central to a
SETS meeting (long story that one)

I need comments (NICE ones, NOT OBSCENE BY EMAIL! as some thought so)
and also suggestions.

Thank you to all who reply in a mature manner (please, I've had enough
with junk sent to me!)
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

Sent via Deja.com