Re: [NSW] Picture Taking at Stations (Part 2)

<maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message 94tulu$brf$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:94tulu$brf$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
| To all aus.railers
|
| As my planned train travel I did today, Before my 10:32am to Central, I
| tried to drop into the SM's office at Penrith to re-inquire about
| Picture taking........no one there.

Mentally or physically?

| Boarding my train to Sydney Terminal, and arriving there, I spent about
| an hour or for the Muwillumbah XPT to arrive on Platform 4 (Yes 4) and
| for a picture of it (which I got).
| On two occasions I asked the station staff on Platform 4 if it was ok
| ("No problem" he answered) and with the driver of the XPT that just
| arrived ("go for it") and so I happily snapped away.
|
| I made my way to the Eastern Suburbs platform where on the occasion of
| today, South Coast services would arrive (Platform 24) and depart here
| (Platform 25).
| My inquiry to the station master on the platforms

Customer Service Attendant

(Stupidly showing off
| my new Minolta Dynax 300si) he had asked if I was taking the picture of
| the train, Yes I was, "a general rule that is not permitted" he
| answered "as long as no staff or people (?) are in it, and it is not
| obvious" added on.

I once took a shot when I first started at Penrith of a train going past the
signal box to the sidings and took a photo. The train guard came back to the
spot where I was and basically was worried about me taking a photo of him (I
said he wasn't visible and I didn't lie) then he lightened up and asked me
about my camera blah blah. Many people (regardless of their job or who they
are) hate getting their photo taken, especially while they are working.
(some bosses would and have used photo evidence of something to dispicline
workers. That is where zoom lenses come in handy!

| Happily walking away from the platforms with a Dapto V-SET on Platform
| 25, I made my way to the SM's office at Central.
| A 15min wait in the nice lounge chair while a young man was complaining
| about late trains from Cambeltown.....
|
| "I'm a railway enthusiast, and taking pictures of trains is a hobby.....
| (Blah blah blah)"
| "you mean a buff"
| "Enthusiast is i'm use to, a gunzel?"
| "good! well as long as it's it train you want to capture, not staff,
| and you spend less than 20mins doing it, than I got no problems, other
| than staying on the platform behind the line"
|
| A fair bit intimidated as he mentioned the photos to be restricted from
| platform 1 to 3 (I don't know why!) I made my way out of Central to a
| SETS meeting (long story that one)

Like I've said countless times here, you need a ticket to access the paid
area @ Central (not p1-3) and he probably assumed that you walked in off the
street.

| I need comments (NICE ones, NOT OBSCENE BY EMAIL! as some thought so)
| and also suggestions.
|

| Thank you to all who reply in a mature manner (please, I've had enough
| with junk sent to me!)
| Maikha "V" Ly
| http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
|

| Sent via Deja.com
| http://www.deja.com/

Eric

Transport & TV

Email: erkV69@iprimus.com.au (remove the V69)

"And Bobo thought that I was a stooge
getting a bullet proof hotbag!" -  Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)