Re: NT/Alice Springs Question

I have not been down that way for some time, but the
ONLY triangle I am aware of at Tarcoola was the old
triangle on the southern side of the east-west mainline
which formed part of the labour intensive, servicing
intensive, water intensive steam locos, no wonder they
embraced diesels as quick as they did. :)

The old triangle still exists, but the loco sheds have
long gone, it was used occasionally by CR/ANR/AN and
still exists as far as I know.

ANR did not construct a western triangle leg from the
Tarcoola to Alice Springs mainline to the Western side
of the Trans Australian line at Tarcoola.

So, if there is a mainline triangle which allows trains
to run from the TAR to the TAS and TAS trains to run up
to the NT without taking the famous/infamous Tarcoola
branch line, I would be happy to know about it.

....Tell