Re: 'Gatha Train Set To Return

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:26:14 +1000, James Brook
<ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the Barry's Beach line branched off
>somewhere near Welshpool, but before the station. I'm almost certain the
>branch was past Foster anyway.

Correct , the Barrys Beach line branched off the main at Barry Beach
junction , about half way between Toora and Welshpool.
The section was worked with ordinary electric staff with Barry Beach
junction having an intermediate instrument.

Welshpool was one of a few very strange stations that was a safe
working station , but had no crossing loop .

MD