Re: 3801&3830

"Rjaygee" <dartmouthmotel@bigpond.com> wrote in message
r%NG6.13762$482.70032@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:r%NG6.13762$482.70032@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Just returned from Maitland and I understand that 3830 has a mechanical
> problem and could not complete its trips for the day.
> Cheers
> Rod Gayford

I heard a week ago that 3830 would be staying overnight at Maitland, so I'm
not surprised. Just back from seeing it in full steam on day II.

I was on the escort train of the Millenium Aurora last year, and I'm sure
many will recall 3830's big-end bearing problems of the trip (open to
correction). Is this a long term problem, as it seems crews are taking it
easy on '30?

Brendan