Re: 3801&3830

Rjaygee wrote:

> Just returned from Maitland and I understand that 3830 has a mechanical
> problem and could not complete its trips for the day.
> Cheers
> Rod Gayford

I just went and watched the Sunday Maitland/Sydney return trip go through
Hornsby. 3830 was there behind 3801 steaming and looking no worse for wear.
So, whatever was wrong with it seems to be fixed.

Due to track maintenance in the area, it came into Hornsby station wrong-road
on platform 4 (normally for down trains). No other passenger services have
been operating out of Hornsby this weekend (buses instead) but I did see a
southerly freight go past also wrong-road this afternoon.

Neil.