Re: New trams

Bill Bolton <billbolton@computer.org> wrote in message
f6onetg3ffsnhkibso00js6gf9ek8b9qku@4ax.com">news:f6onetg3ffsnhkibso00js6gf9ek8b9qku@4ax.com...
> Paul Dwerryhouse <paul+usenet@dwerryhouse.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Why has Sydney still got such a hotch-potch system?
>
> The Sydney ticketing system is simple, is multi-modal for many regular
> commuters and people actually validate their tickets.  What more is
> there to say.

Sydney's ticketing is crap in comparison to a system that has three zones
and covers both rail and bus in the suburban area. Try using both government
and private transport with the one ticket in Sydney. You can't. Thats the
reason why I gave up travelling by "simple multi modal" transport 5 years
ago.