Re: New trams

In Melbourne if a train runs late, it still at least stops at all the
designated stops. If your operator doesn't meet its performance targets you
get compensated. In Melbourne you can get a one ticket that will cover most
transport in the Melbourne suburb area.

Maybe Melbourne's suburban transport might need fixing, but try living in a
city where, if trains run late they drop stops to make up time. Too bad if
you are on the platform waiting for the train because you might just have to
wait an extra 30 minutes for the next one. And its just your bad luck if
performance targets aren't met, because, as in all other states, there is no
compensation code which gives passengers free tickets.

Try travelling in Sydney. There is no integrated ticketing between private
and government operators. If you live within a 30km radius of the city
(approx) you have all the benefits of travelpasses and the like, go beyond
that boundary and you will have the pay private operators on top of that
pass. As an example a purple travelpass holder can travel on all government
transport in the Sydney metro area (except Jetcats) unlimited for 7 days for
less more than what a National Express (Westbus) traveller from Castle Hill
to the City will pay in 5 days on bus fares alone.

slrn9ek4ic.ji.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net">news:slrn9ek4ic.ji.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net...