Re: Eveleigh Carriage Works = 400 flats

The flats or apartments on the Alexandria or Loco works side are not on
lands under the control of Technology Park (or as it is now SHFA) but on
land deeded to the Housing Authority.
Technology Park is in my opinion an excellent revitalisation of the former
Loco works. I know it would be great to re-establish a full operating
workshop, but that is not practical. Plans are under way to open up the
Large Erecting Shop to public access and this should satisify any need for
an operating facility.
My understanding has always been that the railway museum was to be
established in the northern section of Carriage Works, in the area now used
by the SRA Heritage section. The proposed flats on this side of the main
lines are at the Macdonaldtown end where newer non-heritage buildings now
stand.

--
Geoff Lillico

3AE58366.5C8753E0@cia.com.au">news:3AE58366.5C8753E0@cia.com.au...