Re: 2 Guards in Sydney?

I don't know what the official policy is but from observation in the Blue
Mountains:

One guard on 6 & 8 car V-sets when stations are attended, ie, station staff to
give right of way to guard.  This covers all the weekday AM trains.  Includes
little old Linden.

When most stations are unattanded (or any one station?) then all 6 & 8 car
V-sets have 2 guards (is this the case on the Midnight sleeper to Lithgow?).
This is PM peak trains (2x6 cars & 4x8 cars) and all day weekends for those
trains >4 cars.  Rear guard still releases & closes doors and bells driver.
Mid-train guard gives right of way for front portion of train.

Same seems to apply to 8 car G&Ts.

Do the extra guards work all stations on the Mountains side of Penrith or just
Penrith-Katoomba?

Chris

9c15mr$be70b$1@ID-65853.news.dfncis.de">news:9c15mr$be70b$1@ID-65853.news.dfncis.de...