Re: Article in April 2001 Issue of Railway Digest

In article <9c1co5$db0$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au>, E.P says...

Hi, I would like to take a different point about RD. I think that the magazine
has improved over recent years. EXCEPT that readers opinions are NO LONGER
permitted! In particular, if one is even slighly critical of RD. What would be
said if NEWSPAPERS stopped publishing letters from the public, that may be
critical of an editorial stance? I was amused at the drawn out "battle" in RD,
some years ago, over the policy of the magazine going national in focus. A
policy that has been demonstrated to be far sighted and correct, now that there
are so many interstate operators around, these days! Sure, RD is trying to copy
the style of "TRAINS" magazine, which some people don't like, but at least the
news, articles and photos, are mostly high quality.