Re: [NSW] C36 Class Boilers at Eveleigh

Jonathan Lau wrote:

> Does anyone have any info on the 4 C36 Class boliers that used
> to supply steam to the workshops?

The boilers have numbers stamped on a plug on the backplate (the firebox
end).

> When were they installed? ..... Which engines were they taken off?

You would have to get that info from the State Records office at
Kingswood. They have the loco history cards from the now closed SRA
Archives. Those cards would show the loco number and the number of the
boiler fitted, and what happened to it when the loco was scrapped .....
unless someone reading this recorded the information in their loco
spotting days! :-)

Those boilers didn't supply steam to the Davy Press until the later
years of Eveleigh. On a visit to Eveleigh in the late 60s I recall two
standard boilers mounted high up in Bay 1, that were there specifically
for the Davy Press.