Re: Connex train splitting

The splitting usually takes place on platform 4. I haven't had a look lately
but I wonder if the problem is that the middle of the train stops above the
central subway where the track is a little bit suspended above the subway
roof. I'm not sure about this but I will try to find out.
Paul Hambleton
"DJ" <someone@optus.com> wrote in message
SyTE6.49645$Xx3.278332@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au">news:SyTE6.49645$Xx3.278332@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au...
> I dont believe it as that is only acceptable on plats 5, 6 and above
>
> "Paul Hambleton" <P.HambletonREMOVE@bom.gov.au> wrote in message
> 12TE6.4$VP4.744@vic.nntp.telstra.net">news:12TE6.4$VP4.744@vic.nntp.telstra.net...
> > Honest guys - it wasn't an April Fool's joke. I really was talking to
> Connex
> > customer service (I hope!) and having the reason for the cancellation of
> so
> > many Alamein trains explained. The Connex person said that problems
arose
> > when something went wrong with the splitting procedure. He suggested
that
> > drivers were unwilling to go down onto the tracks to rectify the
problem.
> > I'm only reporting what I was told and I made the original call to
Connex
> at
> > least a week before April Fool's day. They didn't ring back on April
> Fool's
> > day either - it was 3rd April.
> > Paul Hambleton
> >
> > "Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message