Re: [NSW] Fare evasion

I could comment here, having been trapped recently, but I do know the
difference between someone doing their job, someone being an arsehole and
someone who doesn't give a toss. There is a general malaise amongst the SRA
staff which has to be weeded out first.

I've never assaulted a CityRail employee for these facts, but after my
little $156.00 fine (I chose to contest and lost - long story) I'm going to
think twice about inspectors who wouldn't know what leeway or empathy was if
smacked 'em in the gob.

I empathise with you, but if the ticketing system wasn't so restrictive and
the Rail Safety Act so narrow in trip definition then there would be a lot
less tension.  All the SRA has to do is look at the way the Brisbane City
Council runs those trains and that ticketing system and we'd have a better
all round time of it in Sydney. The ticketing system and restrictions suck
in Sydney - too expensive for what you manage and we won't go into the $9.80
one way to go on a normal train to the airport!

Today is good example. I want to buy a weekly this morning but I can't
because your staff won't sell it and the machines are closed down.

I take it then that this trip to work and back is worth $156.00 to me ;)

I wouldn't assault you because I know you're only doing you job and know
that it's not worth it over $4. Any white shirted inspectors that "get" me
like the last guy did, will receive my full attention though, and besides
any one knows not to punch people in the mouth - the way to lose knuckles,
not teeth!.

That said - Fare evaders need to be caught and brought to justice, because
the rest end up paying for it. The thought of some twit jumping a fence,
running down the street, picking up his $300 deal of consumable substance,
jumping back over the fence and doing the same thing on the other end
because he can, pisses me off no end. It's a shame that rifles can't be
carried by the guards to tranquillise them as they go over ;)

Ivan