Re: any hints for a long distance train traveller to be?

"Kerry" <kerry@capebyron.com> wrote in message
1K3D6.13977$W7.77899@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:1K3D6.13977$W7.77899@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> 3. Does the Restaurant aboard the train accept credit cards.
> Gone are the days when trains between Brisbane and Melbourne had
restaurants
> aboard  All you'll find is a snack bar. And to stay true to rail travels
> uncomplicated world. No they don't accept credit or bank cards. They still
> accept old fashioned cash.

They do so. I ran up a tab on my last trip to Brisbane - they take an
impression of the card, put the receipts for purchases with the charge slip,
and when you tell them you are finished they enter the total on the slip.

> 7. I've just recently immigrated to Australia. Can I get a vegetarian meal
> like I do on the airplanes.
> You'll be lucky to get a meal aboard these trains let alone a special
> request like they provide aboard the airlines. It has been a tradition to
> pack some fruit, sandwiches and biscuits (cookies)

You can request special meals, but it needs to be done 48 hours in advance.

Dave