Re: TGV vans withdrawn from

Kerry wrote:

> "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>
> >  The TGV still runs on the train as Drover's accomodation when the
> > train is carrying cattle.
>
> Interesting. So whats a "Drover"?
> Is "it" a Passenger of QR, a QR rail employee, freight or is it classed as
> livestock?
> Do "Drovers" need toilets? will they need to take their own porta potties?
>
> Kerry Whitfield
> kerry@capebyron.com
> http://yaraka-mixed.tourguide.net

Drovers are real men.  They breed them tough in Western Queensland.  They don't need toilets - they just piss out the window.  Most drovers have never heard of air conditioning, and prefer to sit on wooden seats.

As Banjo Patterson once said:

I had written him a letter which I had, for want of better
Knowledge, sent to where I met him down the Lachlan, years ago,
He was shearing when I knew him, so I sent the letter to him,
Just 'on spec', addressed as follows, 'Clancy, of the Overflow'.

And an answer came directed in a writing unexpected,
(And I think the same was written with a thumb-nail dipped in tar)
'Twas his shearing mate who wrote it, and verbatim I will quote it:
'Clancy's gone to Queensland droving, and we don't know where he are.'

--

If someone wanted to be creative, I'm sure they could market the Yaraka train as the "Clancy of the TGV - its where he are".