Re: Ararat rail return at a crucial stage

Why would it cost more to build the new DMUs in standard gauge? Obviously,
the government will have to be more proactive with rail infrastructure and
they should be prepared to provide fair and reasonable subsidies to
operators who incur extra costs due to the conversion. The cost of all this
is chicken feed when compared to what they are committed to spending on raod
projects anyway.
Paul Hambleton

"Adam Dunning" <adamdunning@start.com.au> wrote in message
3ad77ce6$1@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3ad77ce6$1@news.alphalink.com.au...
> But isn't the 'fast-rail' for Ballarat (and Bendigo and Traralgon for that
> matter) just going to be these new sprinters that NX have on order?
Aren't