Re: Ararat rail return at a crucial stage

I would have thought that if the Ballarat VFT goes ahead then patronage
would increase along this line to the point that a subsidy would not be
needed.

Aside from that it seems more sensible to me to run services from Melbourne
to Ballarat to Ararat and then to Horsham at least.

Perhaps the way to go would be a train capable of traversing dual gauges as
they have in Europe? The trains could then continue onto Horsham.

cheers Peter

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
> Success for the Ararat passenger trains project is at a crucial in
> between stage according to Wimmera Mallee Rail Service Association
> secretary, Mr Phillip Jones.

http://stawell.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&categor
y=general%20news&story_id=31701